Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We Love Our Missouri Kids!




















Jim and I spent an amazing four and a half days with our sons and their families in Joplin Missouri. We arrived in Springfield just after 11:00A.M. on Thursday, September 30, 2010. and came home on the fourth of October, 2010.

We went to softball games, football games and we watched the LDS conference on TV. We hugged, kissed and visited a lot! Jennifer and Michael stuffed us with melt in your mouth homemade chili, fresh bread and awesome French dip sandwiches. I can't tell you what amazing hosts they are. Their home is lovely and filled with love and the spirit of Christ.

We saw Michael's new classroom in the newly built school. He teaches the sciences and coaches too.

It was a thrill to watch Tucker play varsity football in their school Homecoming game. Michael is one of the coaches. I had a hard time not choking up with heart felt emotion throughout the game. Jennifer, Taysom, Ilah and Henry are great fans. They are an amazing family!

We went to Mo. to see the Homecoming game and to go to our Jimmy's wedding. Yes, Jimmy divorced this year and it has been a rough road but Heavenly Father has blessed him to find Miss Amy.

Daddy and I can see the love in their eyes and hearts. Sunday evening their Bishop married them in a darling old restored bed and breakfast in nearby Eureka Springs, Ar. Family gathered to celebrate their love in a small service. Both Jimmy and Amy were glowing. Their children gathered around them in love and celebration. They have plans to be sealed in a temple in one year. Camille,Megan, Heather and Shane love their Daddy and Emily and Lindsey love their Mommy. They are all blending into an amazing loving family. Time and patiences will bond them closer and closer.

Okay, maybe some of you don't know that Jim and I became great grandparents five months ago. Jimmy's oldest daughter, Camille gave birth to Saelac. We saw him in person for the first time on this trip. He is adorable. I've never seen such a happy mellow baby. We have been blessed for sure.

The trip was over in the blink of an eye. It was short and sweet and hard to beat! Enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

The Wallace Family said...

Just to clarify, the football pic isn't of the Varsity team it is of Mike's 8th grade team. You got some wonderful pictures!! So glad we could see you if even for a short weekend!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've been married forever and hope to enjoy that union forever. I adore my family. I love new adventures. I love learning but have never finished my education. Do we ever finish learning. I hope not! Traveling is my passion. I would love to see the entire world.