Friday, April 2, 2010

The G-Kids Make Easter Treats 2010








Making Easter treats is a tradition with Granny Franny. This year we were inspired by a recipe Paula Deen prepared on her cooking show a few days ago. It's very close to a family favorite we make called "Potato candy". It's that exactly but she makes a ball and dips it in chocolate. You can't go wrong with that!

Drue was the master baker along with his assistants, Shea, Nathan and Abigail.

There is chocolate in Granny's house where chocolate should never be found!!!

Sydney, Bob and Rachel cheered us on and stuck a finger in here and there.

We shared a delicious taco dinner and had our decedent Easter creations for dessert.

6 comments:

Megs said...

Yum, potato candy. Chad is very jealous. He keeps trying to convince me to make it. Looks like fun!

Rachel said...

Cute. Thanks for the fun afternoon! My big prego bod wont be in many more pictures!!! xoxo

The Wallace Family said...

That candy looks delicious!!! I miss you grandma and grandpa! I love you guys <3

Taysom

Megs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megs said...

You guys used peanut butter instead of chocolate originally, right? I found the recipe here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/chocolate-covered-potato-eggs-recipe/index.html, but there seems to be a problem with the amount of potato listed. What's the secret?

Frances Wallace said...

Hi Megan,
I followed the recipe and added a bloop of peanut butter in the middle. Our family potato candy is filled with peanut butter without any chocolate. The chocolate is a nice addition. If I make it again I'd put a bigger bloop of peanut butter in the middle. Yummy!
As you stir the potato in it magically will moisten all the sugar. I had to add a bit more sugar. Sometimes it takes a little bit more potato. It's not an exact measurement. Fill your way. Love

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've been married forever and hope to enjoy that union forever. I adore my family. I love new adventures. I love learning but have never finished my education. Do we ever finish learning. I hope not! Traveling is my passion. I would love to see the entire world.